TOFU CHICKPEA PATTIES
I’m always looking to add tasty ways to cook black chickpeas. These patties are so easy to make and can serve as a nice side to a meal or a vegetarian patty for a burger.
Enjoy an easy recipe!
1 lb Tofu
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1 Onion, finely chopped
1/2 cup coriander and curry Leaves, finely chopped
1-2 Green chillies, finely chopped
1 tsp minced Ginger
1 teaspoon Cumin powder
1 cup boiled black Chickpeas
2 tsp Chaat Masala Powder
Salt to taste
Olive Oil , for shallow frying
1. Boil chickpeas extra soft, IP setting HP 50minutes if not soaking. Once chickpeas are cooked, drain or save all water completely by placing chickpeas in a colander for at least 10 minutes and giving them a shake a few times in between. Chickpeas should feel dry before working them for patties.
2. Next mash them or blitz in a blender so they are coarsely mashed.
3. Drain all water from tofu and mash it with fingers or grate it. Mix it with chickpeas and add all other ingredients except oil.
4. Using spatula keep mixing till mixture starts to bind together.
5. Divide the chickpea tofu mixture into 10 to 12 equal portions and shape them into round balls. Flaten them slightly in the palm of your hand.
6. Preheat a flat skillet and keep the flame to low medium and place the patties on the preheated skillet. Reduce heat if patties take color quickly.
7. Cook patties on both sides evenly and flip them over a couple of times to get even golden brown color on all sides. Enjoy with green chutney!