SESAME ALMOND COOKIES
These are the sweet, salty, melt in the mouth cookies with a lovely sandy after taste. There are several varieties of these cookies but mine is made with butter and crunchy lightly toasted almonds.
INGREDIENTS: (22-25 cookies)
3/4 cup almonds coarsely chopped
2 tbsp sesame seeds
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
¾ tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup brown sugar
3 egg yolks only
Egg wash with egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 325° F. Line the baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Toast almonds and sesames seeds lightly.
3. Sift flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl.
4. Combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda, walnuts and sesame seeds together with the flour mixture. Set aside.
5. In a mixer, beat together butter and brown sugar until fluffy and then add in egg yolks and beat until well combined.
6. Next add dry mixture and mix until a smooth dough is formed.
7. Pinch off some dough about 3/4th of a tennis ball size. Place on the line baking tray and flatten with hand or a ladle.
8. Brush each cookies with egg wash and bake in preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes, or until golden brown.
9. Cool on baking tray on a wire rack and cool completely.
I tried to add a design on top, but Cookies will expand slightly in the oven and any markings will not show, so save the effort 😊😀