SALMON CURRY 🐟The base of the curry is a mix of shallots🧅, ginger, lemongrass🌱, and garlic🧄. To make the curry extra saucy and creamy, I used tomato paste for richness and a little coconut 🥥milk and then simply baked the salmon and placed it right in the curry.
The coconut milk keeps the salmon incredibly moist, colorful, and flavorful.
* 1/4 cup sesame oil
* 4 small shallots (or 2 onions), chopped
* 4 cloves garlic, minced
* 1 inch fresh ginger, grated
* 2-3 green chilies chopped
* 1 lemongrass stalk, finely chopped
* 2 green onions, chopped
* 1 4oz. can Tomato paste
* 1 tbsp full fat coconut milk
* 1 tbsp soy sauce
* 2 teaspoons honey
* 4 skinless salmon filets
* 1 tbsp lime juice
* 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
* 1 tbsp garam masala
* 1 tsp red chilli powder
* Salt to taste
1. Marinate salmon with lime juice, soy sauce and black pepper for 5 mins and bake at 400 deg F for 15 mins.
2. Heat the sesame oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add the onions, garlic, ginger, lemongrass, and green onions. Cook for 5-8 minutes until they are fragrant and begin to become translucent.
3. Stir in the tomato paste and green chilies and continue to cook another 5 minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk, garam masala, red chilli powder and honey. (No salt). Stir to combine, bring the mixture to a boil, add the baked salmon and greens.
5. Place baked salmon 🐟into the prepared sauce and cover the pan for 5 minutes. Adjust salt to taste.
6. Remove from the heat and garnish with green onions.