Simple Punjabi Chole ~Chickpea Curry~ with tempering. This is an everyday recipe and still unique and flavorful as it is made with spices blend.
The dark color to the comes from the infusion of tea leaves🍃.
The key ingredient is the ▶️fresh garam masala and you will find the ingredients and step by step recipe in my IGTV videos.
Served with onions marinated in lime juice cilantro and salt. Raw chili’s are optional if you like it spicy.
1 cup chickpeas
1-2 Lipton tea bags
3-4 garlic cloves
3 cup water
Instpot setting: HP 65 mins
1 bay leaf
1 onion, finely chopped
2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 green chilli, slit
2 tomato, puréed
1 tbsp garam masala
salt to taste
1 tbsp ghee
¼ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
1. In a large wok heat oil and saute 1 bay leaf, add chopped onion, ginger garlic paste and chilli. Sauté until the onions turn translucent.
2. Add fresh garam masala and saute on low flame until the spice powder turns aromatic.
3. Add tomato purée and saute well and cook until the oil is separated.
4. Add cooked chana, salt, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Before serving, add tempering of hing and chilli powder in ghee and serve hot.