PISTACHIO ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES
Cookies galore-I bake homemade cookies 🍪🍪 often and in fact I haven’t bought cookies from outside in a long time. Baking cookies is pretty easy as this base recipe lends itself well to tasty tweaks. This batch is sweet, salty, melt in the mouth cookie with a lovely nutty after taste and these are perfect with evening tea or coffee or just a snack.
INGREDIENTS: (22-25 cookies)
3/4 cup almonds coarsely chopped
1/4 cup pistachio coarsely chopped
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
¾ tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, melted
1/2 cup sugar
3 egg yolks only
Egg wash with egg whites
1. Preheat oven to 325° F. Line the baking tray with parchment paper. Set aside.
2. Toast almonds and pistachio lightly.
3. Sift flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl.
4. Combine flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda, nuts and sesame seeds together with the flour mixture. Set aside.
5. In a mixer, beat together butter and sugar until fluffy and then add in egg yolks and beat until well combined.
6. Next add dry mixture and mix until a smooth dough is formed.
7. Pinch off some dough about 3/4th of a tennis ball size. Place on the line baking tray and flatten with hand or a ladle.
8. Brush each cookies with egg wash and bake in preheated oven for 20 – 25 minutes, or until golden brown. Cookies will expand slightly in the oven.
9. Cool on baking tray on a wire rack and cool completely.