PESTO CHICKEN VEGGIE RICE CASSEROLE🌟🎶🎵
Sometimes a little gift is all the inspiration you need for your next dish creation. This pesto🍃 chicken veggie casserole is bursting with colors and flavors and it was even easier to prep as I used this lovely gift of Inferno Pesto from sacla_us -spicy, zesty and so aromatic.
Here’s an amazingly easy baked Pesto Chicken & Rice Casserole that comes together quickly. You add all the ingredients into a baking dish and bake for about 45 minutes. For extra veggie boost, stir some at the end and voila you have a hearty, delicious dinner ready. This dish is on our regular rotation of casseroles .
Recipe Inspiration and I love scrolling through their blogs for inspiration all the time.
1 cup long grain white rice
1/2 cup parmesan cheese divided
6 tablespoons pesto, used Inferno Pesto from Sacla Italia, divided
1lb. boneless skinless chicken
2 1/4 cups chicken stock
3 cloves garlic minced
2-3 tbsp heavy cream
Salt & pepper to taste
Veggies: I used carrots, spinach, Brussels sprouts and cherry tomatoes
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a large baking dish, pour in washed rice and chicken stock, keep aside.
3. Marinate chicken with minced garlic and 4 tablespoons pesto for ~ 15 minutes, till the oven warms up.
4. Place marinated chicken over rice, add 1/3 cup cheese, salt and pepper and stir gently to combine well. Cover with foil or heat resistant cover and bake ~45 minutes. Rice should be cooked, you can have it just like this or add veggies like in step 5.
5. Add some chopped veggies, remaining pesto and cheese and stir in cream.
6. Carefully mix veggies with rice and leave it covered at room temperature or back in the oven for 10 more minutes. Spoon and Serve.