PASTA ARRIBBIATA WITH EGGPLANT 🍆🌶
Ready to spice up your pasta nights…literally! Let’s make some arribbiata sauce! ♡
This classic marinara sauce has much more heat and depth of flavor than you could get from just sprinkling the chile flakes on top of the sauce.
1 tbsp Olive oil
1 large onion, finely chopped
2-3 garlic cloves, finely grated
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp paprika
28 oz can of chopped tomatoes
1 tsp vegetable or chicken bouillon
1 eggplant, chopped
1 packet whole pasta linguini or tagliatelle
1-2 tbsp Basil leaves chopped
1-2 tbsp Parmesan cheese, finely grated
1. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the onions, cover and cook for 8-10 mins, stirring often until softened.
2. Add the garlic, chilli flakes and paprika, stir briefly, then add in the tomatoes and a can of water.
3. Stir in the and chopped then bring to a simmer, cover and cook for 20 mins. Eggplants should soften.
4. Cook the in a pan of boiling water for 10-12 mins until al dente. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup of the cooking water.
5. Add the cooked pasta to the sauce, and toss well with the basil and a little of the reserved water, if needed.
6. Spoon into a shallow bowls, and serve topped with the cheese.