PAD THAI No need for takeout, really 😊 REALLY GOOD! I love it vegetarian but I also add shrimp🍤 when I feel like adding a lean protein.
It’s full of fresh flavors, and the sauce has the perfect balance of sweet, sour and savory tastes. Try this out♨️
8 oz rice noodles
3 tbsp oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz. shrimp
8 oz. extra-firm tofu , cut into small pieces
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup fresh bean sprouts
3 green onions, chopped
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts
2 limes cut
1/2 cup Fresh cilantro, basil, chopped
Pad Thai sauce:
3 tbsp fish sauce
1 tbsp soy sauce
3 tbsp brown sugar
2 tbsp tamarind paste in water
1 -2 tbsp Sriracha hot sauce
2 tbsp peanut butter
1. Cook noodles in boiling water according to package instructions. Rinse under cold water. TIP▶️ If you’re not using the rice noodles immediately, toss them in a little sesame oil to keep them from sticking.
2. Mix the sauce ingredients together. Set aside.
3. Heat 1 tbsp oil and add beaten eggs and scramble for 1-2 min, keep aside.
4. Add another tbsp oil to the wok and add the shrimp, tofu, garlic and bell pepper and sauté for 3-4 mins.
5. Add noodles, sauce, bean sprouts and peanuts to the pan. Toss everything to combine. Top with green onions, extra peanuts, cilantro, basil and lime wedges. Serve ♨️