MINI GALETTES -PEACHES & BLUEBERRIES🍑
Schools are opening and new sessions are starting. Sending off DD after 5 months with mixed feelings! She is ready to be with friends and at the school. Things are far from normal but seeing pictures of dorm decorations and energized kids gives some sense of normalcy.
Took a day off from work and cooking her favorites to enjoy and take some❤️
The crisp, flaky galette crust is absolutely perfect with sweet peaches and slightly acidic blueberries, and combined with subtle flavor of cinnamon and nutty flavor of the almonds, it is a light dessert.
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
Zest of 1 lemon
8 oz cold salted butter
1 tbsp sugar
5 tbsp ice cold water
3 peaches, chopped (1” slices)
1 cup blueberries
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3-4 tbsp sugar
5 tbsp sliced almonds
1 egg white for brushing
1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, lemon zest and salt. Dice cold butter and add to flour bowl. Crumble butter with flour until dough is crumbly and you can still see small pieces of butter. ▶️Keep it COLD!
2. Add 1 spoon of ice cold water at a time, mixing the dough gently. Dough will come together, do not over mix. It does not have to look homogeneous.
3. Form dough into a ball, wrap and place in the fridge for ~2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 375 F. Add fruits in a bowl, sugar, salt, lemon juice, cinnamon and cornstarch and mix well.
5. After 2 hr, roll dough on floured surface into six small circles of 5 inch and place in a baking tray.
6. Layer with sliced almonds, leaving 1’ margin around the edges. Organize the fruits as you want.
7. Fold in the edges on top of fruit. Whisk egg white and brush galette all over. Sprinkle sugar, almond slices.
8. Bake until golden brown, ~35-40 min.