MIDNIGHT CRAVINGS: PLUM GALETTE- this was pure joy to crave, create and indulge.
Sometimes you just have to indulge and enjoy. I created this for the next day dessert but the aroma of cinnamon-y plums was too good and we just gave in and enjoyed.. 😊👌😍
fresh out of oven filled with sweet seasonal and the nutty crust- it is a light that goes well with a dollop of vanilla
⏬Recipe for 5-6 Mini Galettes
1 1/2 cup all purpose flour
Zest of 1 lemon
8 oz cold salted butter
1 tbsp sugar
5 tbsp ice cold water
3 plums, chopped (0.5-1” slices)
1 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp cinnamon
3-4 tbsp sugar
5 tbsp chopped almonds
1 egg white for brushing
1. In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, lemon zest and salt. Dice cold butter and add to flour bowl. Crumble butter with flour until dough is crumbly and you can still see small pieces of butter. ▶️Keep it COLD!
2. Add 1 spoon of ice cold water at a time, mixing the dough gently. Dough will come together, do not over mix. It does not have to look homogeneous.
3. Form dough into a ball, wrap and place in the fridge for ~2 hours.
4. Preheat oven to 375° F. Add fruit in a bowl, sugar, salt, lemon juice, cinnamon and cornstarch and mix well.
5. After 2 hr, roll dough on floured surface into six small circles of 5 inch and place in a baking tray.
6. Layer with sliced almonds, leaving 1’ margin around the edges. Organize the fruits as you want.
7. Fold in the edges on top of fruit. Whisk egg white and brush galette all over. Sprinkle sugar and almond slices.
8. Bake until golden brown, ~35-40 min