LABNEH CHEESECAKE WITH PEACHES, HONEY AND CARDAMOM
I love the use of Labaneh here. Genius!
Yet another great recipe inspired from Sami.Tamimi . This was the easiest, lightest and fluffiest I have made ever. Usually I find cheesecake too dense, sweet and too rich, but this recipe will surprise you. My version has graham crackers and walnuts in the base and a generous amount of grated orange rind. The result is distinct and special!
Sami’s recipe is available online.
12 plain graham crackers coarse powder
1/4 cup walnuts chopped coarse
3 tbsp brown sugar
6 tbsp butter (warm)
2 cups Labneh- drained overnight.
3/4 cup granulated sugar (up to 1 cup if you like it sweeter)
2 large eggs
3 egg yolks
1 1/2 tablespoon grated orange rind
1 1/2 tbsp cup cornstarch
Fresh fruits sliced- peaches or apricots
3 tbsp orange juice
2 tbsp honey
pieces and powder
Mint leaves – optional
Preheat the oven to 350F
1. Line a 9 inch spring foam cake pan with baking paper.
2. Mix all the ingredients of base until they are combined well and line pan with the cookie mix. Press carefully and form 1/4 inch base. Bake for 10 minutes and then cool the pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, place the eggs, sugar, orange rind and 1 tsp orange juice and add the flour through a sifter. Mix and combine well. The batter should be smooth, creamy and thick.
4. Pour onto the pan over the cookie mix and place on a baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 60 minutes or until the cake is golden all over and feels set.
5. Cool cake outside first and then in the refrigerator for at least few hours.
6. In a saucepan, add orange juice, 1 tsp cardamom powder, honey and stir and add sliced fruit. Let the sauce thicken and fruit caramelize slightly. Cool and place over cheesecake before serving.