HOMEMADE HUMMUS AND PITA CHIPS
▶️HUMMUS: This is a simple hummus recipe and I honestly believe is better than anything I could have found at the store. I make hummus often and sharing a few tips below for a zesty, smooth and tangy hummus:
*️⃣Add tahini for a creamier texture
*️⃣Add freshly squeezed lemon juice
*️⃣Remove the skins of each chickpea for the smoothest hummus, it takes about 10 mins to remove all skin for a cup of chickpeas.
1 cup boiled chickpeas
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup tahini (stirred)
1 garlic clove
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp ground cumin
3 tbsp water
Garnish: 2 tbsp olive oil, toasted sesame seeds, herbs, inspired from Ruchika’s post at homemadeishappinezz
▶️Blend all ingredients except chickpeas with water first to make tahini creamy and then add chickpeas few spoons at a time and blend it all. Scrape the sides of blender from time to time. Scoop in a bowl and garnish.
▶️PITA CHIPS RECIPE
My family loves these chips! I have made them twice now following the recipe at kingarthurbaking. The flavor, crisp and crunch are spot on. For a bulkier chip, no need to separate pitas in step 2, and just cut pita into wedges, it’s delicious all the same.
1. I made these from left over pita dough. (recipe on blog) Pinch three dough balls and follow recipe to make three pitas and cool them.
2. Once pitas are cool, separate two sides of each to make 6 thin rounds and cut each round into 6-8 wedges. Place in a bowl.
3. Drizzle some olive oil, and sprinkle toppings. I have used za’atar, sumac, salt and pepper. Mix nicely till you see a layer of spices over pita chips.
4. Layer them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
5. Bake chips in a preheated 375°F oven for 15 min, until crisp; turn chips over after 10 min of baking.
6. Remove chips from the oven, cool completely, enjoy with hummus.