HERBED CHICKEN SAUSAGE PILAF 🍚🥘WITH BEETROOT YOGURT ✨✨ This beautiful, herbed meal can be put together in minutes, but definitely don’t taste like it. Serve this pretty yogurt with a side of basmati pilaf from seedsofchange and you’ll feel like you’re on a tropical vacation. The chicken sausages from amylufoods , peas and tomatoes bump up the nutrition factor, while the beet juice in yogurt make it pop with brightness.
The yogurt recipe is mine inspired from Dill and Chile Yogurt- Falastin Cookbook!
▶️MINT AND BEETROOT YOGURT
1/2 cup Greek yogurt plain flavor [I used noosayoghurt ]
1 green Chilli, seeded and finely chopped
1 garlic clove, finely grated
1/2 cup mint, finely chopped
2 tbsp fresh oregano chopped
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp garlic olive oil
1 1/2 tbsp beetroot grated and juice squeezed
1/4 tsp salt
1. To make the yogurt, mix all the ingredients and whisk a few times.
2. Refrigerate for 5-10 minutes before serving.
3. Drizzle with oil, beet juice and some fresh oregano leaves before serving.
CHICKEN SAUSAGE PILAF:
1 cup Frozen mixed vegetables
4-5 Chicken sausages cut diagonally
1/2 cup Sliced onions
2 tbsp grated ginger and garlic
1 Tomato chopped
1/2 cup Cilantro chopped
1 tbsp chicken bouillon
1 cup basmati long grain rice
2 cup water
1. In a wok, add olive oil and start frying onions, ginger and garlic till they are roasted and turn golden.
2. Add frozen vegetables, tomatoes, sausages, salt and pepper to taste and cook another 3-4 minutes.
3. Add water next and then add chicken bouillon and bring to a gentle boil.
4. Add rice (soaked 15 mins if you prefer- I didn’t soak ) and let rice cook slowly at low heat and cover the pan, about 10 mins.
5. Once rice looks done, stir some freshly chopped cilantro into pilaf at the end and serve hot.