Look how bright and vibrant are these gorgeous, glossy carrots and they taste almost like a candy. These glazed carrots are made with a simple mixture of brown sugar and butter. This wonderful recipe is inspired from Rachel Gurk’s food blog at rachelcooksblog . She has a collection of quick, easy, beautiful recipes and I enjoy going through her blog for inspiration.
Most glazed recipes use regular sugar or maple syrup or honey. I like using coconut palm sugar or brown sugar for a deeper, richer flavor.
I served these 🥕as a side with salmon crusted with red hot Cheetos- (this is when I invent my own spice marination💁🏻♀️) and mashed potatoes.
4-5 carrots, cut diagonally 1/4 inch
1 tsp olive oil
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp bourbon
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp coconut palm sugar
1/8 tsp red chilli powder
Thyme for garnish
1. Heat oil over medium high heat in a medium-sized skillet and add carrots and salt and saute for 5 minutes, stirring once.
2. Add water, cover and cook till all water evaporates and carrots are tender.
3. Add bourbon and cook until reduced, about 2 minutes.
4. Next add butter, brown sugar, and chilli powder. Stir to combine~2 mins.
5. Garnish with chopped thyme.