GINGERBREAD COOKIES🎅🏼🍪~ This is my easy and favorite gingerbread cookies recipe and it’s also loved by my family. Soft in the centers, crisp on the edges, easy on sweetness and perfectly spiced. 🤩
🎶🎵Tis’ the season to be baking🎶🎵
10 tbsp unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
3/4 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup honey or maple syrup (my substitute for unsulphered molasses)
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla extract
3 1/2 cups AP Flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp ground ginger
1 tbsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground allspice
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1. Combine all the dry ingredients and pass them through a sieve into a big bowl.
2. In a second bowl, combine butter, egg and honey/maple syrup and whisk them until creamy and combined well. Next add brown sugar and vanilla and beat the mixture for 2-3 minutes until sugar is dissolved.
3. Next make a dough by slowly mixing wet ingredients into the dry ingredients bowl and kneading by hand or a mixer.
4. When a smooth dough is formed, cover dough with a plastic wrap and let it cool in the refrigerator for an hour.
5. Preheat oven to 350°F. Take the dough out and give it a few minutes to warm so it’s less stiff to work with. Then roll the dough into 1/4 inch thick disc and cut into desired cookie shapes.
6. Lay them on a baking tray with a liner and bake for 10-12 minutes.
7. Allow cookies to cool before picking them. Enjoy!