FRESH FOCACCIA 🍞🥖What’s more beautiful than a focaccia just out of the oven. Tangy cherry tomatoes are the best and the aroma of rosemary is enchanting. It makes me happy and my kitchen smells delicious♨️
Just few ingredients, some preparation and a super delicious bread is ready. Cooking and researching recipes is my way to forget the stress:)
3.5 cups all purpose flour
1.5 cup whole wheat flour
1 packet tsp. active dry yeast (2 1/4 tsp)
2 tbsp honey
2.5 cups water
1 Tbsp Kosher salt
4 Tbsp. EVOO, extra-virgin olive oil, for dough, greasing, drizzling
1/2 cup brine (salty water)
Toppings- cherry tomatoes halved, rosemary
1. Stir yeast, honey, and warm water with a fork in a small bowl to dissolve. Let sit until yeast is foamy ~ 5 minutes.
2. Combine flour, salt and yeast mixture in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the dough hook. Mix on low speed, scraping down sides and hook as needed to incorporate any dry flour, until a shaggy dough forms.
3. Let the dough sleep overnight so yeast can do its magic.
4. ▶️10-12 hours later, grease a 9”X 13” sheet with olive oil and slide dough slowly into oven sheet by scraping sides of the bowl and with minimal disturbing of the dough.
5. Spread it on the sheet but pulling and pressing slowly and let it sit for 30 min- some bubbles will surface.
6. Make 1/4 cup brine- salt in water and pour all over the sheet. Let it sit for just 5 minutes till all that water gets absorbed in dough.
7. Next make some indents with fingers into dough and sprinkle olive oil, rosemary and cherry tomatoes all over bread. I also spread fennel seeds.
8. Preheat an oven to 425 deg F and place the dough sheet into oven for 30-35 minutes until a lightly golden crust forms.
9. I served with green arugula salad, sautéed mushrooms and caprese salad.