- ▢1 box Whole Wheat or Gluten-free Pasta use any pasta of choice
- ▢2 Large Yukon Gold Potatoes
- ▢3 Medium Carrots
- ▢2 Cups Broccoli Florets
- ▢2 Cloves Minced Garlic
- ▢¼ Cup Nutritional Yeast
- ▢1 Tsp Apple Cider Vinegar
- ▢2 Tbsp Freshly-Squeezed Lemon Juice
- ▢1 Tsp Dijon Mustard
- ▢½ Tsp Paprika
- ▢⅛ Tsp Turmeric Powder
- ▢½ Tsp Kosher Salt
- ▢¼ Tsp Ground Pepper
- Wash and scrub the potatoes and carrots thoroughly under cold running water to remove any dirt. Pat the excess moisture with a paper towel.
- Using a potato peeler, peel the potatoes and carrots skin off and cut into large bite-sized chunks.
- Now add chopped potatoes and carrots to a large pot then pour over enough water to cover by 1″ inch. Season with a generous pinch of salt and bring the water to a boil, over medium-high heat.
- Boil for 15 minutes or until potatoes and carrots are easily pierced with a paring knife.
- Meanwhile, add a steamer basket under another pot filled with about 1 cup water (or use the same pot where the veggies are boiling if the water doesn’t touch the steamer) Steam the broccoli for 3-4 minutes, or just until fork-tender.
- Once the veggies are done, remove from the heat and place in a colander to drain, reserving about 1 cup of water from the veggies. Allow the veggies to cool slightly. Cook pasta according to the package instructions.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine garlic, apple cider vinegar, lemon juice, mustard, paprika, turmeric, and salt whisk until well combined and set aside.
- Next, place the boiled potatoes, carrots, nutritional yeast and 1/2 cup of the reserved liquid to a blender.
- Pour in the prepared garlic and vinegar mixture and blend until smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. If needed, add more liquid to reach your desired consistency.
- Add cooked pasta to a large serving bowl together with steamed broccoli, then pour the sauce on top.
- Using a wooden spoon mix well until pasta is evenly coated into super the creamy delicious sauce! Serve warm and enjoy!
Calories: 327kcal | Carbohydrates: 70g | Protein: 15g | Fat: 1g | Saturated Fat: 1g | Sodium: 246mg | Potassium: 625mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 5366IU | Vitamin C: 37mg | Calcium: 71mg | Iron: 5mg