CLASSIC BRUSCHETTA 🥖🍅🍃Recipe⬇️ The toasted bread with Parmesan cheese, fresh toppings with caprese flavors and a drizzle of balsamic glaze is a winning combination. I love how easy it is to create this restaurant-quality appetizer at home.
I also enjoy using fresh ingredients like sweet and juicy cherry tomatoes and basil – they make the flavors pop and it’s hard to not stop after just one or two.
3 tbsp EVOO
2 garlic cloves minced
1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
1. Cut baguette diagonally into 1 inch thick toast slices.
2. Add minced garlic to olive oil and brush onto both sides of the toasts.
3. Sprinkle some parmesan cheese on the top side.
4. Bake at 400˚F for 5 minutes then broil for 1-2 minutes until golden on sides.
6 Roma/ ~15 cherry tomatoes 1 1/2 lbs, diced
1/3 cup basil leaves chopped
3 garlic cloves minced
1 tbsp very thin sliced red onions
1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp EVOO
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
Balsamic Glaze (optional)
▶️Drain off the excess juice from the tomatoes once they are diced. The flavors are more concentrated then.
1. Season tomatoes with olive oil, balsamic, basil, onions, garlic, salt and black pepper.
2. Stir gently to combine and set aside to marinate for 15-30 minutes.
3. Serve with bruschetta toasts and a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and balsamic glaze- optional but it adds a lot of flavor and not too hard to prep.
BALSAMIC GLAZE DRIZZLE:
1. Pour 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar into a small saucepan and add 1 tsp honey.
2. Bring to a low boil, then reduce heat to keep at a simmer for 12-15 minute. Let it cool completely and use and store as needed.