B&W OLIVE TAPENADE PIZZA!
This is a black and white extravagant pizza🍕 loaded with wonderful flavors and textures. Smothered in a robust homemade black olive tapenade, plenty of delicious mozzarella, sautéed onions, tomato slices, bell peppers and some jalapeños and fresh basil, this is a perfect Friday night Pizza.
OLIVE TAPENADE (BASE):
1½ cups pitted black olives
¼ cup sun-dried tomatoes
½ tsp salt
½ tsp pepper
1 clove garlic
1½ tsp oregano
½ cup basil leaves
½ cup parsley leaves
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Add everything to a food processor and blend on high until well-combined.
This dough recipe has always been a hit every time:
1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
2 tsp sugar (divided)
1 package (1/4 ounce or 2 1/4tsp) active dry yeast
3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp each dried basil, oregano
1/3 cup olive oil
1. In a small bowl, mix warm water and 1 tsp sugar; add yeast and whisk until dissolved. Let stand until bubbles form on surface, ~5-10mins.
2. In a large bowl, whisk flour, salt, remaining 1 tsp sugar and dried herbs.
3. Add these to the bowl with activated yeast, oil and remaining sugar and knead till a soft dough is form. I use a an automated mixer, it takes 5-6 mins to make a sticky dough.
4. Cover dough with thin oil, placed a lid loosely and leave it in a warm place for 30 mins to rise. I bring the oven temp to warm (~170°F) and switch it off and then leave the dough bowl inside.
5. This is enough dough for two large 14″ pizzas or 5 small 7” pizzas.
1. Make small balls from dough and place it onto a greased round or flat plate.
2. Press and stretch dough all over until it stretches to 1/4 inch thickness or thinner.
3. Place desired base, toppings and cheese.
4. In my oven, I baked pizza at 425°F for 20 mins after adding toppings.