BLUEBERRY ZUCCHINI MUFFINS🥒🧁 I love baking with zucchini and it’s the only way I can sneak in the goodness of zucchini for kids to eat. Typically the zucchini provides enough moisture to cut most excess fat in half and adds extra fiber and nutrition.
This is my healthier, low carb version entry for the with genoaparker and danielle_in_the_kitchen and this is my memory of a yum snack or breakfast.
INGREDIENTS (12 count)
1 cup white whole wheat flour
1/2 cup almond flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup shredded zucchini, squeezed of excess moisture
1/2 cup pure maple syrup
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp almond extract
2 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup applesauce
1/4 cup milk
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 12 cup muffin pan with muffin liners.
2. In a large bowl combine the dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt; set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, add the wet ingredients: shredded zucchini, maple syrup, vanilla extract, olive oil, applesauce, egg and milk; mix until well combined.
4. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix again. Gently fold in blueberries.
5. Fill batter among muffin liners about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 22-30 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing muffins. Enjoy!