ARROZ CON POLLO – PANAMANIAN CHICKEN RICE💫 We have always enjoyed Latino cuisine, there are ~20 countries in Latin America and there is a HUGE variety of regional food that can differ immensely in taste and spices. Latin cuisine appeals to the Indian palatte and they can be both made fairy spicy, still the flavors are so unique and far apart!
I enjoy reading Anna Gass page and looking through her food pictures and recipe videos annafgass. She has a great diversity of recipes from various cuisines and also everyday quick meals, snacks and desserts. I followed her “Shiela’s ARROZ CON POLLO” recipe available online and created this finger licking rice dish✨
3 lb chicken pieces
1 cup rice
2 garlic cloves minced
1/2yellow onion, chopped
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp red pepper flakes
3 tbsp olive oil
1/2 cup olives
▶️1/4 tsp Bijol Seasoning-Has Annatto, I substituted 1 tsp saffron, as there is Annatto in the last seasoning
▶️4 tbsp Adobo Seasoning- Made my own from recipe by thespruceeats
1 1/2 tbsp each of salt, garlic (granulated), oregano and 1/2 tbsp each of black pepper, turmeric and onion powder
▶️1/2 Packet Sazon Culantro and Annatto- [like a Maggi/Ramen Spice- you miss it and the dish falls flat💁🏻♀️ ]
1. ▶️Prepare Rice : with saffron
2. ▶️Prepare Chicken-Preheat oven to 350 deg F and marinate chicken with adobo, and red pepper flakes for 15-20 mins.
3. Heat olive oil in a pan. Add the marinated chicken, cook for 5 mins on both sides and then transfer to a baking dish, cover and cook for ~40 min in the oven
4. ▶️Make the sofrito-Add 1 tbsp olive oil in the same pan, add garlic and onion, and cook for about 5 min. Add the sazon and stir to combine. Add olives and 1/4 cup olive juice from the jar and let it cook for 1-2 min
5. ▶️Put it Together- Add the rice and sofrito to the baking dish and stir to combine and then add chicken.