ANISEED SWEET RUSK (Biscotti) Swipe ⬅️ for pics of process.
Another fantastic recipe share from Sami_tamimi . These biscottis are perfect to dunk in a cup of warm milk, coffee or tea.
With the holidays I had time on hand to make a few batches for family and friends. It’s a lovely treat and Sami’s recipes are always a win for me. I reduced sugar and added cardamom and fennel seeds as they remind me of biscottis I had growing up.
These are fantastic to bag or for any celebration or
INGREDIENTS (28-30 count)
2 1/8 cups AP Flour
3/4 cup castor sugar
2 tbsp ground aniseed
2 tbsp fennel seeds
1/2 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
4 medium eggs
1 tsp vanilla
200 mL olive oil
➡️2 tbsp Sesame seeds to garnish
1. Preheat oven to 340°F and grease and line a 9 X 14 inch tray with a 1-2 inch lip.
2. Combine all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix. Sieve them before adding to avoid lumps.
3. In another bowl, add all wet ingredients one by one and whisk for about 2 minutes until they look well combined.
4. Now add wet ingredients into dry ingredients bowl and with a spatula and some 💪 mix them all till dough looks evenly mixed.
5. Next tip this mixture into the greased tray, sprinkle sesame seeds on top and bake for 30 minutes.
6. Take the tray out and let it cool for 10-15 minutes till cake is okay to touch.
7. With a long knife slice the cake lengthwise into 1/2 inch wide pieces and then cut in the middle.
8. Place the biscotti pieces flat into the tray so pieces are not touching each other; you will need a second tray to fit all pieces.
9. Bake again for 20 minutes turning the biscottis once after 10 minutes. They should take light golden color.
10. Cool completely before storing.